Instruction on on cooking your pizza

I have completed building my oven for the most part and have cured the oven with bigger fires for the last 6 days and found all the instructions great. but now I’m ready to cook is there a place to help me with this? Like where do i start the fire, how big should the fire be, how will i know when the oven is ready. and any info on recipes to try. Anxious to start cooking !

1 Like

Check out The Wood Fired Oven Chef on YouTube. Lots of good info for beginners and great recipes.

Cheers!

1 Like

Also the Manna blog has lots of good stuff: » Telling the Temperatures in your Woodfired Oven

1 Like

Basscommon,
your at the special point… ready to fire it up and start… I agree with Maddox 10, check out Clive @ Ep 1. An introduction to Wood Fired Oven basics - YouTube

He does a great job of getting you in your way. However, you will have to put in the time to learn your oven and what works and what does not. It is a totally fun experience. I am so happy with mine. Every time i fire mine up i learn something new and get better an better. Enjoy your oven and make sure you post some pics!!!

1 Like

Hi Matt,

If you’re looking for something more like a book, [I recommend this one](The Art of Wood-Fired Cooking https://www.amazon.com/dp/1423606531/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_2ICdFbC52KXMD). This has all the fundamentals of firing and setting up your oven for different kinds of foods, along with a ton of recipes.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Cleaning the hearth before baking