CONGRATULATIONS to BIKERBUDMATT on his recent retirement!

I would like to extend a well-deserved CONGRATULATIONS to everyone’s favorite Forum Monitor and Contributor… @bikerbudmatt

Matt has been a Godsend for the BrickWood Ovens forum and his valued input on numerous forum posts has kept our small forum community alive, well-informed and each of his posts always includes an encouraging word.

Matt has recently retired from the ministry and is taking a well-deserved break - but I’m sure he’ll find plenty of DIY projects to keep him outside and busy.

Thank you Matt! And may God bless you and your family!

Kevin
BrickWood Ovens

R

2 Likes

Aww, thank you, Kevin! After 35 years it’s definitely time for a change of direction.

And yes, there’s a number of outdoor projects that will be getting my full attention this summer, including a greenhouse for my spouse and (ahem) building the “weekend project” BWO fire pit now that we have cleared enough space for it.

I should also say that retiring from helping out new BrickWood builders and conversing with our veteran wood-fired brick oven members here is not in the cards. I learn something new with each and every post, and I can’t believe I get to have this much fun for free!

Hoping that all our forum members have made their neighbors envious enough that they will want to build their own, genuine, hand-customized BrickWood oven, and thanks for all you do, Kevin!

6 Likes

Congratulations on your retirement! I hope you shift those work hours in to hours of enjoyment and relaxation. I do hope you will continue to grace the forum with your presence. You’ve been extremely helpful and encouraging.

Cheers to your 35 years and your next life adventures!!

2 Likes

I can’t believe you will have even more time to post :slight_smile:
The rest of us are better off for it.

Congrats.

3 Likes

Congratulations!!! Thanks for all of your help on this forum when I’ve posted questions in a panic thinking something was wrong!!!

2 Likes

@bikerbudmatt congratulations on your retirement! I started panicking when I read the title of the post. :astonished: I thought it meant you were done responding to all these questions we keep posting (and that would certainly be understandable). :slightly_smiling_face:

I am relieved to read you are going to continue to be such a key part of this amazing site and community. You have been invaluable to this neophyte mason and oven builder, and I am sincerely grateful for all your patient guidance and sincere encouragement. Thanks to you the finish line is within sight!

I hope you enjoy the next chapter in your life, may there be many happy times to come (especially with awesome pizza from your brick wood oven).

Greg

3 Likes

Congrats on the retirement Matt!

2 Likes

Congrats Matt, I can’t thank you enough for talking me down during my build!

2 Likes

Congratulations Matt, try not t work too hard. Ya need time for pizza

2 Likes