Using oven in the winter?

So this is my first winter with my brick oven. I’m curious if it’s safe to use the oven in the winter months or is it better to hold off until the weather is back up above freezing?

1 Like

I love using mine in the snow. No issues whatsoever, just extra ambiance.

3 Likes

Perfectly fine to use below freezing. If you’re doing pizza, keeping your dough warm is a bigger issue, because “room temperature” is a touch chilly. (Speaking from experience there!)

2 Likes

Great, glad to know it’s safe to use it even in the cold winter months!

Use mine here in PA in the dead of winter. Works just fine

1 Like

Glad to hear it. Do you guys start the fire small and build it slowly or is that not necessary unless it’s overly damp?

Always start small, but in cold weather I start smaller. Basic thermodynamics—I don’t want materials to expand too quickly.

1 Like

3 Likes

Looks good, I am going to fire mine up tonight and make some steaks and see how it goes.

Well, went ahead and made some steaks along with green beans for dinner and man this is going to be a game changer.

I finished my oven right at the end of October and only made pizza a few times so far so I’m pumped to use this thing for so much more!

4 Likes

Looks like you nailed it! Awesome!

2 Likes

Thanks, I can’t wait to have a whole spring and summer to use this bad boy.

Live in Laguna Hlls, Orange County, California, We cook in our Grand all winter long. The last good thing in California is the weather.

Tom Smith

3 Likes

Wow, you’ve got the cozy going there! Go away, snow, my ovens are burning just fine.

Yes, indeed. And with results like that, why not?

Alice Waters, eat your heart out!

Make the best of a good thing!

It will be a blast!

3 posts were split to a new topic: Tuscan Grill (Steve Raichlen) back in stock

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Tuscan Grill (Steve Raichlen) back in stock

Why not? it’s oven from bricks, it needless to say

Yes. I have used mine in below freezing temperatures and while a takes longer to heat, it has withstood winter use.

2 Likes