Tuscan Grill (Steve Raichlen) back in stock

Where did you get that Tuscan grill? I’ve been looking for one.

[Moderator’s note] This post was split from another discussion. You can see the photos that inspired the question at this link.

I got that one on Amazon. Search for the Steve Raichlen Tuscan grill.

1 Like

Here is the link for the Raichlen grill.

Many of us here spent 18 months waiting for the Raichlen grill to be back in production, so this is good news. Many of us also got tired of waiting.

So, you can read this article (and also search “Tuscan Grill” on the BrickWood forum for other hits) to find what has worked for me and for others. I do not recommend the “campfire” style steel mesh grills, because they warp in use and will soon rust.

Thanks Jeff for sharing that link with us!

2 Likes

Sure thing, it’s worth every penny in my opinion. Looking forward to many meals cooked using it for sure.

2 Likes

Amazon came through. Did you leave the legs at 4”? I was watching some videos from the Woodfired Oven Chef and he cut his to 2”. He said he did it to make it fit, but I’m wondering if that’s a better height. Thoughts?

3 Likes

I left mine the 4” height but my oven is around 24” tall so I have no height issues

2 Likes

I find 5 inches (which is the height with my firebrick/grill setup) is fine. Two inches seems like a recipe for burning things up before they cook properly. I may try 2 ½ inches, the height of a single firebrick, to see if that’s okay or too close.

So glad your Raichlen grill arrived!

1 Like

I left it at 4” to start. Made some tuna the other night and it turned out great. Loving the over so far.

2 Likes

AAnnnnddd…the Raichlen grill is sold out again, with a message that they don’t know when or if it will be available again.

@Demond and @jricharc, I’m really glad you were able to get yours before they were gone.

Was wondering about the grease from the steaks on the cooking base for pizza after. Will the grease buildup or burn off next fire

Thanks,
Dale

I usually have the hot coals under my steaks so it all burns up immediately but I haven’t noticed any build up on the bricks afterward.

Thanks for the info I’ll try

We don’t usually do steaks, but just did some chicken thighs with lots of marinade. As with Jeff @jricharc, drippings hit the hot coals and go up in smoke. I did notice a little residue, but it quickly disappeared when I started my next fire.

1 Like

Where did you get that grate/grill?

@Jsahrle I got it on Amazon. Search Tuscan Grill and you should be able to find it. It’s actually on sale at the moment.

1 Like

I use that quite often, it is a great grill/rack.

1 Like